WARSAW — The Oakwood Board of Regents meeting Thursday, June 6, was held at the cemetery office in order to give board members the opportunity to see recently completed office renovations.
The renovations began after a broken water heater valve resulted in damage to the office in May 2018.
Oakwood Sexton Hal Heagy told board members that the outdoor men’s restroom near the office was vandalized recently. A wall mount sink was pulled off and broken. A new sink has been ordered.
Bradford Outdoor Creations, Warsaw, completed the second phase of the retaining wall near cemetery section 57.
“Bradford did a beautiful job,” Heagy said.
The third retaining wall by Bradford Outdoor Creations will begin next year.
The purchase of a new dump truck for the cemetery will be delayed until next year. Heagy said they will be purchasing a newer skid loader this year. With trade-in, the price will be $26,000, which includes a full warranty. A stand behind mower will be purchased as well.
- The remaining two of three Oakwood summer employees will start June 10.
- A replacement has not yet been selected for former Board Member Dave Baumgartner, who resigned in March.
- Budgets have started and need to be in by June 17.
- Fence repair behind the office will be completed soon.
- Due to the first Thursday in July being a holiday, the July Oakwood Board of Regents meeting will be held on Thursday, July 11.