WARSAW — The Warsaw Career Center offers monthly workshops that can be completed in increments, with assessments and certifications. This is the place to prepare yourself for a growing business and manufacturing world that demands more digital literacy and online tech skills. No experience is necessary.
Online Résumé Builder With Google Staff Review
- Monday through Friday, June 3 to 7 – online
Google has prepared an online résumé builder that includes a résumé review by Google staff with feedback on how to improve it. Take advantage of this opportunity that is only available from June 3 to 7. There are 10 steps to follow listed below. You can also contact staff at the Career Center who can help you through the process.
- Go to this website: g.co/applieddigitalskills
- Click “Sign In,” and sign in with your Google account.
- Select “I am a student.”
- Enter class code RX39NS.
- Watch the introductory video on the dashboard.
- Click into the appropriate lesson on the dashboard. You should take the lesson that best fits you based on the descriptions below.
- “Start a Résumé” for adult learners who would like to start at the beginning or start from scratch. Most people should take this course unless they already have a solid résumé in Google Docs.
- “Edit Your Résumé” for adult learners who feel they already have a solid résumé in Google Docs and would just like to make some improvements. Adult learners can also feel free to do both “Start a Résumé” and “Edit a Résumé” if they would like and have time.
- Once finished, you can submit your résumé and additional information by filling out this form provided by Goodwill.
- You will receive feedback from a Googler within one week.
- After the Googler has connected with you about how to enhance your résumé, you can schedule an appointment with Career Center staff to help incorporate the feedback you have received.
The Beaman Home Outreach Hours
- 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesdays, June 4, 11, 18, and 25
Every Tuesday, The Beaman Home will hold outreach office hours at the Warsaw Goodwill Career Center from 1 to 4 p.m. to connect survivors of trauma, domestic abuse and sexual assault with services at The Beaman Home. They provide counseling, support groups, life skills, job skills and case management. All services are free of charge.
HTML and CSS For Beginners
- 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday, June 5
Would you like to go beyond your base knowledge of computers and software? Do you wonder how a webpage works and how it is developed? This beginning info session will overview HTML and CSS programming languages that make Internet and webpages run and look great. If you are interested in pursuing HTML and CSS coding, this beginner’s course takes about 30 hours to complete. Kickstart your future in programming and coding with this overview and advance your skills for a better, higher paying career. The future is yours.
- 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, June 7
The Warsaw Goodwill Career Center will host a blood drive from 9 to 11 a.m. Friday, June 7. To sign up, contact Mitchell Fiandt at [email protected] or call (574) 267-1656 ext. 1, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
One unit of blood can save the lives of up to three people; a total of 27 people could potentially benefit from our drive. What an amazing impact your donation will have on a patient in need. The blood collected will help recipients suffering from cancer, trauma, blood disorders, surgery, pregnancy complications, and several other medical emergencies. If you have questions, feel free to call the Career Center at (574) 267-1656 ext. 1. We hope you can join our initiative to save lives by donating.
Open Practice Interviews
- 11 a.m. to noon Mondays, June 10 and 24
The Goodwill Career Center will host open mock interviews for anyone who would like to practice their interview skills. If you’re nervous about being interviewed or struggling to land a job because of the process, these mock sessions will prepare you for the types of questions, from basic to personal, that may be asked of you. We’ll discuss how to answer the difficult questions and what to avoid. You’ll also learn how to appear confident and highlight your skills in the conversation. Another topic will be how personal appearance makes a great first impression. Please choose a date and time to stop by and practice your interview skills and receive a 25 percent discount to the Goodwill retail store.
- noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 18
The Goodwill Career Center is hosting a job fair from noon to 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 18. Representatives from the following businesses will be in attendance: Flexaust, Meijer (with 30 openings), Autism Society of Indiana, Leaders Staffing (with multiple positions and immediate hire), Cardinal Services, Home Helpers and Arby’s (with openings that allow you to pick your hours and schedule.) All are hiring with positions that need to be filled as soon as possible. Dress professionally and be ready to apply and interview on-the-spot.
Spreadsheet Creation Through Microsoft Excel
- 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday, June 19
The Career Center will host a two-part workshop on creating a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. It will cover designing and formatting spreadsheets, how to enter data and use various tools. This workshop will also help with tracking important information and creating lists to prepare those wanting to enter clerical/office and business-related positions. Start here to become more tech savvy when marketing yourself. All skill levels are welcome.
Veterans Employment Services
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday, June 20
Daniel Reed from WorkOne will be at the Goodwill Career Center to provide information for veterans on services in the local area. He will offer one-on-one employment help, employer resources, information on benefits and contacts for further services.