WARSAW — The 11th annual Northern Indiana Lakes Festival, hosted by the Lilly Center for Lakes & Streams, is underway this weekend.
People lined the streets in downtown Warsaw this morning, Saturday, May 25, to enjoy the 2019 Lakes Festival parade. Organizations from around the county participated in the parade, including Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory, Whitko High School Marching Pride, Parkview Trauma Centers, Boy Scouts of America, American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Warsaw Police Department and others.
The parade is one of many events being offered this weekend. Community and food vendors are set up at Central Park, 225 E. Fort Wayne St., Warsaw. The family-friendly event also features bounce houses, a petting zoo, pony rides and face painting.
Below is a schedule of the festival’s events (weather permitting) for the rest of the weekend:
Saturday, May 25
- 11a.m. to 5 p.m. – Aquaglide
- 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Petting Farm
- 11a.m. to 5 p.m. – Art Around the Lakes
- 11a.m. to 5 p.m. – Community & food vendors
- 11a.m. to 5 p.m. – Face painting by Boho Studio Arts
- 11a.m. to 7 p.m. – Bounce Houses
- Noon – 5 p.m. – Human Hamster Ball
- 2-5 p.m. – Pipsqueak & Clarabelle
- 2-5 p.m. – Lakes & Streams art gallery
- 5-7 p.m. – The Brothers Footman
- 7:30-8:30 p.m. – Zach Day & Full Throttle
- 8:30 p.m. – Beat the Sun 5K | Lake Games
- 9-10 p.m. – 81/89
- Sundown (Dark) – Fireworks presented by Zimmer Biomet
Sunday, May 26
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – All vendors open
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Bounce Houses
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Art Around the Lakes
- 12-4 p.m. – Pipsqueak & Clarabelle