WARSAW — Warsaw Community High School announces the 2019 Fine Arts Festival from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, May 9. This amazing celebration of the visual and performing arts in Warsaw will be held in the Performing Arts Center at Warsaw Community High School.
The 40th annual Tri Kappa Art Exhibit in the Black Box Theater will be open to the public from 6 to 9 p.m. The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa has provided financial support for this event for 40 years. Students will display visual artworks created during this school year and senior studio artists will showcase their work from the past four years. Three local artists jury the show and monetary awards will be given to winners in 12 categories as well as a best of show and runner-up best of show.
Activities for the evening include:
- Student produced video showcase on the big screen in the auditorium
- Textiles classes will present their first annual fashion show on stage in the PAC
- The Middle School One Act, directed by WCHS theatre students on stage in the PAC
- WCHS jazz band and percussion ensemble
- WCS strings ensemble
- Tri Kappa Juried Art Exhibit-sponsored by The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa
- Potter’s wheel, stone carving and painting demonstrations
- Individual musical performances on the small stage in the lobby
- STARR program student art exhibit
- Cultural art and craft displays from the World Languages and FACS departments
- Lauren Klusman Exhibit in the gallery on the curve
- Culinary arts students will serve their inventive appetizers and desserts
The public is invited and all events are free and open to the public.