By Denise Keller
Adults’ Programming Administrator
The following programs are set to take place in May at the Warsaw Community Public Library.
- WorkOne is hosting computer and résumé/interviewing classes. Contact the library for details.
- Chess Club meets from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday.
- Drop-in Zone, featuring video games and virtual reality, is May 1. Teens play from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and adults play from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. Experience virtual reality from 1 to 3 p.m. on May 30.
- May 4 is Star Wars Day at the library. Events are for all ages. Some require registration. Check warsawlibrary.org for details.
- Needle-felted Ewoks with Rachel Kruger will take place at 10 a.m. May 4. $15 is due for the first Ewok and it is $10 for each additional due at registration.
- Make It Take It Star Wars string art will take place at 12:30 p.m. May 4. It is a free event for those ages 13 and older. Register.
- Friends of the Library will host their monthly meeting at 1 p.m. May 6 and a mini book sale from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. May 11.
- Cookbook Club meets at 11 a.m. May 6 for “Heart Healthy” recipes.
- Paint a red tuck on canvas with Susie Schaetzle from 6 to 8 p.m. May 6. $20 is due at registration.
- Make a card for someone special. This free event is open to everyone and takes place from 4 to 6 p.m. May 7.
- Computer Clinic meets from 10 to 11:30 a.m. May 8 and from 4 to 5:30 p.m. May 29. Bring your electronics for assistance.
- Pokémon Club meets at 4 p.m. May 8.
- Quilt Club meets at 9:15 a.m. May 10.
- Writers’ Club meets at 6:30 p.m. May 13. Topics are graduation, Mother’s Day, flowers and gardening.
- Purdue Extension presents “Formula for Healthy Eating” at 3 p.m. May 14. Register.
- David Kolbe will host a presentation “How the Law Works in Kosciusko County” at 6:30 p.m. May 15.
- Learn how to grow a container garden at 11 a.m. May 18. Register.
- Humana presents “Social Security 101” at 6 p.m. May 20. Register.
- Yarn Club meets at 6 p.m. May 21.
- Humana presents “Healthy Eating to Control Cholesterol” at 10 a.m. May 22. Healthy snacks will be provided and a gift basket will be raffled. Register.
- There will be a make it and take it garden art session at 1 p.m. May 22. This is for ages 13 and up. Register.
- Learn Cricut basics and design a simple project at 5:30 p.m. May 22. Supply list is available. Register.
- Bingo at the library will be from 2 to 3 p.m. May 24.
- Teen Minecraft is at 4 p.m. May 28.
- Sue Delagrange will host the program “Ole Healthy Mexican Food” at 1 p.m. May 29. Register.