By Denise Keller
Adult Programming Director
The following programs are set to take place in April at the Warsaw Community Public Library:
- April is National Poetry Month. Add a leaf to the library’s “Poet-Tree” anytime during the month. April 7-13 is National Library Week. Celebrate with a variety of activities and programs.
- WorkOne is hosting computer and résumé/interviewing classes. Contact the library for details.
- Chess Club meets from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday.
- Learn Tinker CAD basics for 3D printing at 11 a.m. April 1. Register.
- Friends of the lIbrary will hold a member appreciation reception at 1 p.m. April 1, and a mini book sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 30.
- Drop in Zone, featuring video games and virtual reality, will take place April 1. Teens will play from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and adults can play games from 5:45 to 7:45 p.m.
- Register a group for a slot between 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. for an escape room on April 4 and 5. This is for those ages 13 and up. Anyone younger than 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There will be a new release movie showing at 2 p.m. April 5. Contact the library for details.
- T. John Davis will host a book signing for “Stiff Legged Billy Goat” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 6.
- Cookbook Club will meet at 11 a.m. April 8 for “Healthy Sweet Treats.”
- Writers’ Club will meet at 6:30 p.m. April 8. This month’s topics are Easter, fantasy and fables.
- Make a Peep door hanger at 3 p.m. April 9. There is a $10 fee to register.
- Needle felted kittens at 5:30 p.m. April 9. It is $15 for one and $10 for additional kittens. Money is due at registration.
- Computer Clinic will meet from 10 to 11:30 a.m. April 10 and from 4 to 5:30 p.m. April 24.
- Pokémon Club meets at 4 p.m. April 10.
- James Whitcomb Riley impersonator Danny Russel will be at the library at 6 p.m. April 10. Please register.
- Quilt Club meets at 9:15 a.m. April 12.
- Paint a covered bridge with Carl Mosher at 5:30 p.m. April 15. $20 is due at registration.
- Learn to make a butterfly garden with Kosciusko Master Gardener Brent Mock at 6 p.m. April 15. Please register.
- Yarn Club will meet at 6 p.m. April 16.
- Sue Delagrange will host the program “Spring Sides and Salads” at 1 p.m. April 22. Register.
- The Chain Gang Barbershop Quartet will perform at 6 p.m. April 22. Register.
- David Kolbe will present a panel on “How to Run for a Political Office” at 6 p.m. April 24.
- The library will host bingo from 2 to 3 p.m. April 26.
- There will be a card-making program at 6 p.m. April 29. $8 is due at registration.
- Teen Minecraft will take place at 4 p.m. April 30.