WARSAW — Milford Animal Clinic, SR 15, was given approval for construction of a 42 x 44 feet addition to the clinic during the regular monthly meeting of the Kosciusko County Board of Zoning Appeals Tuesday, Jan. 8, in Warsaw. As a condition to the approval, permits must be obtained.
Other agenda items included:
• Angela Wright was granted an exception to allow a dog grooming business on her home property and also a shed for the business on SR 13 at the intersection with Brown Street in Turkey Creek Township. She was also granted a variance to allow a carport to be enclosed.
• CM Tucker Farms was granted a variance to allow a barn to remain as constructed on CR 700S, west of SR 19 in Franklin Township. As a condition for approval, permits must be obtained and a $1,000 settlement was proposed in lieu of pursuing the violation.
• Lamar Miller was granted an exception to allow a home based business, woodworking, with up to 20 total employees and up to five non-family members, and to construct an addition to the existing building on CR 700W, north of CR 1300N in Jefferson Township.
• Kurt Heinz’s petition for a variance to permit the construction of a new residence 22 feet from the water’s edge and 12 feet from the north right of way was tabled to the February meeting. The property is located on North Road in Turkey Creek Township.
• Isaiah 11 Ministry was granted an exception to allow a non-profit counseling center with animal rescue/refuge and to alter existing structures to be used in conjunction with the uses. The property is located on CR 100N, east of CR 650W in Harrison Township.
• Warsaw Storage was granted an exception to change and alter a previously granted exception by allowing 12 additional storage buildings to be constructed on a portion of the adjoining property on SR 15, north of Levi Lee Road in Plain Township. As a condition to approval, all stormwater control must be in place prior to issuance of permits.
• Kim Edmonds was granted an exception to create three more campsite lots for RVs or park models, install concrete runners for every lot within the park and replace the well shed on EMS B61A Lane in Tippecanoe Township. Several conditions were attached to the approval, including, among others, no more than four of the units on site at one time may be utilized as full time principle residences. Edmonds was also granted a variance to allow three new lots for construction.
• Tarbert Properties was granted an exception to construct a wash bay for rental equipment on SR 15, north of Levi Lee Road in Plain Township.
• Robert Hamilton Jr. was granted an exception to allow auto sales in a commercial district on CR 325E, north of US 30 in Wayne Township.
• Michel Ballinger was granted a variance to allow an existing deck to remain as placed without a permit on EMS D18C Lane in Van Buren Township.