INDIANA — According to AAA, more than 112.5 million people are expected to be out and about this year.
That’s a 4.4 percent increase over the last year and the highest since AAA began collecting travel data in 2001. Of those, 102.1 million are expected highway travelers.
To avoid holiday road rage, drivers can use these tips:
- Remember to leave extra time to get to your destination.
- Minimize distractions including cell phone usage.
- Slow down in work zones or if conditions are not ideal.
- Plan your route ahead of time using the INDOT mobile app for iPhone and Android devices or use our online traveler system at INDOT.carsprogram.org.
While most construction projects have wrapped for the season, lane restrictions still remain in the following locations:
- I-69 between mile marker 345-347 in Steuben County for bridge maintenance
- I-69 between mile marker 304-306 in Allen County for bridge maintenance
- I-469 between mile marker 0 (I-60 south junction) and mile marker 7 in Allen County for road and bridge work