MILFORD — Milford Fire Department has ruled the fire at the garage of Nathan D. Hochstetler, 10139 N. 425W, Milford, to be accidental. The fire started in the area where old batteries were kept in a bucket. The fire call was received at 7:25 a.m. with firefighters clearing the scene at 9 a.m.
Milford Fire Chief Todd Haines reported the garage is a total loss. When firefighters arrived flames were through the roof of the building. Firefighters were able to remove a buggy and other items from the garage, including a stroller, bicycle, canoe, bicycle trailer, welder, mower and a few other items.
Miscellaneous tools, freezer and other items were lost in the fire.
Nappanee Fire Department was called for a tanker and manpower assist.
MILFORD — Milford Fire Department, with tanker and manpower assistance from Nappanee Fire Department, responded to a garage fire at 10139 N. 425W, Milford, at approximately 7:20 a.m. today, Friday, Nov. 16. The property is located in the Hastings community.
The detached garage, at the home of Nathan D. Hochstetler, was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived. The home, which was close to the garage, was not damaged. Some of the contents in the garage were saved, however, a buggy sustained extensive damage.
Tankers were refilled at the dry hydrant on CR 200W, at Jake’s Service.
The garage sustained extensive interior, roof and door damage.