GOSHEN — Speaking to your loved one about the end of life decisions can be difficult. However, these sensitive subjects shouldn’t be avoided. The event is held from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 10, at Goshen Health.
This event will provide caregivers insight on available options, education and resources about:
- Legal Finances, Estate Planning (Paul Eash, Eldercare Attorney). How to better understand and talk to your loved one about finances, estate planning, power of attorney, wills and more
- Social Security and Insurances (Health Markets). Understanding Social Security Benefits, Medicare, Medicare Supplements and Medicaid
- Long-Term Care Options (Larson Manifold, Firefly LLC & Sheena Whitaker, Greencroft Goshen) Understanding your loved one’s long-term needs and options is vital. This session will explain home health care options, long-term care options and differences.
- Planning the Final Farewell (Colin Yoder, Yoder Culp Funeral Home) this session will cover how funerals are changing, the process and options for planning a funeral service.
- Pain Management Lunch & Learn (Dr. Robert Hill, Pain Management Physician). As a caregiver, it is difficult to see our loved ones suffering from chronic pain. Has modern medicine discovered the magic pill to make it go away? This session will help you to understand pain management and discuss options to help alleviate it.
This event brings local experts together to present information as well as to give caregivers the opportunity to ask their specific questions. Exhibitors will be available to provide resources and answer individual questions.
- Boling Vision
- Care Patrol of Michiana
- Caregiver Homes / Senior Link
- Caring for Hoosiers
- Courtyard Healthcare Center
- Elkhart County Council on Aging
- Firefly Home Care, LLC.
- Goshen Health
- Goshen Home Care & Hospice
- Goshen Home Medical
- Greencroft Goshen
- Health Markets
- Home Instead Senior Care Home Safety Advisors
- Kosciusko Home Care & Hospice
- Law Office of Paul Eash
- Michiana Institute for Successful Aging (MISA)
- Sharpe Realty, LLC.
- Yoder-Culp Funeral Home
Pre-register is recommended for $10 per person by calling Marlies West at (574) 533-0626, ext. 110. You may also register online at GoshenHealth.com/Events, or at the door for $15.