WARSAW — Among the agenda items during the regular monthly meeting of the Kosciusko County Board of Zoning Appeals Tuesday, Oct. 9, in Warsaw was a petition by Jonathon and Amanda Scroggs for a home based business, an entertainment facility, on CR 100E, north of CR 200N in Plain Township.
The petition was approved as requested.
Other agenda items included:
• Donald Mort was granted a variance to allow a residence to remain as built 6 feet from a side property line and to allow two new decks to be constructed on the east side of Center Street at the intersection with Epworth Forest Road in North Webster. He must either provide a new survey showing the structure meets the approved setbacks or repetition the BZA.
• Matthew Klotz was granted an exception to allow two residences instead of a residence with a construction office on Treasure Island Road south of Rainbow in Turkey Creek Township.
• Rosella Felts’ petition for a variance to allow an attached carport to remain as placed on Sycamore Hill Lane, southeast of Sycamore Trail in Seward Township was tabled until the November meeting.
• Jeremy and Shauna Young were granted a variance to construct a residence addition 18.5 feet from the right of way and 20 feet to the foundation on Highland View Drive, east of Elwood Avenue in Turkey Creek Township.
• Darrell and Debra Bryum were granted an exception to allow an accessory building to be uncombined from the house and be associated with a lot to have a future home on EMS B31 Lane, north of McKenna Road in Tippecanoe Township. They were also granted a variance to allow a residential property to be redivided.
• Kaufman Family Farm was granted a variance to allow a pole building to remain as constructed and an addition to the pole barn on CR 700N at the intersection with CR 900W in Etna Township.
• Craig and Tracy Williams were granted a variance to construct a residence addition on EMS B40 Lane in Tippecanoe Township.
• The petition for Terry and Deborah Kreft for a variance to allow two residences on one tract of ground on CR 700S at the intersection with CR 100W in Clay Township was tabled until the November meeting at the petitioner’s request.
• Craig Luthy was granted a variance to permit the construction of a roof over an existing deck on EMS W16A Lane at Webster Lake in Tippecanoe Township.
• Patricia Pentecost was granted a variance to permit the construction of an open porch on Roy Drive at the intersection with CR 850S in Seward Township.
• Duane and Gina Yoder were granted a variance to allow construction of a 40 x 100 foot agricultural building 15 feet from the east property line, not the 5 feet they requested, on CR 950W, north of CR 1350N in Scott Township.
• Rob and Julie Sutton’s petition for a variance to allow a tract of ground to be divided creating one tract under 10,000 square feet on EMS B1 Lane in Tippecanoe Township was denied.