WARSAW — One student and one teacher were minorly injured after a grease fire occurred today, Sept. 13, at Warsaw Community High School.
At approximately 2:15 p.m., Warsaw-Wayne Fire Territory and Lutheran EMS were called to the foods lab area at the high school regarding a small grease fire. Firefighters assisted with ventilating smoke out of the area. Officers with the Warsaw Police Department and Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department also responded to the scene.
One teacher and one student suffered minor injuries from the fire. Neither of the injuries was serious enough to need to be transported for medical attention.
“Just a nice remember of how quickly the response teams can come to the scene if needed,” commented WCHS Principal Troy Akers. “We are very fortunate that we didn’t have a bigger issue than what has occurred.”