KOSCIUSKO — United Way of Kosciusko County believes every kid can become a great reader. Now we are on a mission to make sure our kids have more than enough books to read.
United Way’s BIG GIV” set a bold goal of gathering 6,000 gently used children’s books as a part of our 60th anniversary. Give your outgrown books a new home.
To Get Involved
- Personal donations can be dropped off at United Way, located at 119 E. Center St., Warsaw, before Aug. 21.
- If your business, club, church or school would like to gather books, just call United Way at (574) 269-2592 or e-mail [email protected] to request your “BIG GIVE” donation tub and information packet.
- Once you have finished collecting bring your full tub to the United Way office on or by Aug. 20.
- Set a goal for your team.
- Pick a visible, high traffic place for your donation tub.
- Spread the word. Use e-mail, Facebook, etc. to promote the drive.
- Celebrate your success
What Happens To The Books?
On Aug. 23, volunteers will unpack, clean and sort the donations. Books will be bundled into book packs and distributed widely by the end of the day to:
- licensed child cares in the county
- Kosciusko Literacy Services’ Reading Won’t Wait program
- all county nonprofits where children temporarily reside (Fellowship Mission, Beaman Home, etc.)
- every United Way Community Partner’s waiting room
- after school programs
- parenting programs