INDIANAPOLIS — Love a tasty Georgia peach? So does the creator of the Peach Truck Tour, Stephen Rose.
He got the idea to bring the juicy fruit to Nashville in 2012 when he discovered no one in the city offered his favorite summer staple growing up in Fort Valley, Georgia.
What started as Rose and his wife, Jessica, selling peaches out of a Jeep truck to residents of Nashville has now become a nationwide tour with a huge following.
Now, Hoosiers are getting their chance to taste the Georgia peaches just like the ones from Stephen’s family peach farm growing up.
The Peach Truck Tour is making stops in Indiana, so Hoosiers will be able to get their hands on one of those coveted $40, 25-pound boxes.
Here’s when you can find the Peach Truck near you:
Thursday, July 12
- Salsbery Brothers Landscaping – 4317 East 146th Street, Carmel, 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- The Apple House – 2611 S. Harding Ave., Terre Haute, 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Wasson Garden Center – 13279 E. 126th St., Fishers, 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Rural King – 3201 IN-45, Bloomington, 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Expo Bowling Center – 5261 Elmwood Ave., Indianapolis, 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Rural King – 2985 N National Road, Columbus, 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The truck will also be making stops at the same locations and times Thursday, Aug. 2.
To keep up with the Peach Truck, follow the Facebook page.