The following is a list of Memorial Day weekend events happening in and around Kosciusko County:
- A memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May 27, at Etna Green United Methodist Church, followed by a ceremony at East Cemetery.
- Leesburg will have a Memorial Day parade at 10:30 a.m. Monday, May 28. Line up for the parade will take place downtown by 10:15 a.m. A service will be held at the cemetery following the parade. Public parking will be available at the Maple Leaf parking lot.
- A Memorial Day ceremony will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, May 27, at the Mentone cemetery. A reception will follow at the Bell Aircraft Museum.
Line-up for parade starts at 9 a.m. Parade starts at 10 a.m. Monday, May 28, followed by a ceremony at Milford Cemetery.
Cemetery services are 9 a.m. at Thorn, 9:30 a.m. at Salem, 10 a.m. at Mock and10:30 a.m. at the Legion post.
A parade begins at 10:45 a.m., followed by a ceremony at 11 a.m. at North Webster Cemetery. At noon, the Legion will be raising the flag to full staff.
- The American Legion will hold a Memorial Day parade at 10 a.m. Monday, May 28. It will start at the fire station, making its way to Brower Park next to the railroad tracks, where they will have a program.
The Lion’s Club is hosting a veteran’s ceremony at 11 a.m. Saturday, May 26, at Lakeview Cemetery.
A parade will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday, May 28. Line-up begins at noon. A ceremony will be held at Syracuse Cemetery after the parade.
- A Memorial Day ceremony, including a 21 gun salute, will take place at 1 p.m. Sunday, May 27, as a part of the Northern Indiana Lakes Festival held at Center Lake Park.
- The annual Memorial Day services, conducted by John C. Peterson American Legion Post 49 and James W. Sittler Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1126, will take place at 10:55 a.m. Monday, May 28, at Oakwood Cemetery. There will be address, followed by a roll call of deceased veterans.
- Chapman Lakes Conservation Association is hosting their annual Memorial Day weekend breakfast from 7:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday, May 26, at the Chapman Lake Club House. This is an all you can eat breakfast, will be serving pancakes, eggs and sausage. You can also pay your membership dues, sign up for the lake-wide garage sale and parade. Public welcome.
Luminary Night will be at sundown on Sunday, May 27. This is to salute the men and women who protect our freedom. Place a luminary (white paper bag and candle) along your seawall or property. You may purchase these luminaries at the breakfast May 26, as well. Let’s light the lake to remember those who gave all while serving our country.