WINONA LAKE — There will be no shortage of activities to enjoy in the Winona Lake community over the next month or more beginning this weekend during the unofficial summer starter, Memorial Day Weekend.
The summer’s festivities will take off on a run, with the Memorial Day 5K at the Limitless Park on May 28.
The town is also touting its lake-oriented event, which has been growing in popularity in recent years.
“July 1 we’re going to do the annual Fourth of July Flotilla,” said Deborah Lange, a member of the committee organizing the event. “We’re encouraging residents to decorate piers and boats. We’re trying to incorporate the whole Winona Lake space. Last year it was pretty successful considering we did have some rain in and out. We’re looking forward to it. Last year we had a great, great turnout, considering the rain. We’re doing it rain or shine, unless there is lightning.”
Other summer-related events include:
- June 2-3 — Art Fair in the Village at Winona.
- June 13, 6 to 10 p.m. —Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church neighborhood barbecue at the church.
- June 16, 9 a.m. — Blackburn Run for Others 5K and 10K at the Trailhouse.
- June 30, 8 a.m. — Warsaw Breakfast Optimist Triathlon at the Park.
- June 30 — Winona Lake Great Fourth of July Celebration.
- June 30, 10 p.m. — Fireworks over Winona Lake.
- July 7, 3 to 7 p.m. — Family Fest in the Park.