By Amanda McFarland
Adult Programming Administrator
WARSAW — The following events are set to take place in May at Warsaw Community Public Library.
- Sally Reuter returns at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 1, to lead participants in creating a painted flower canvas. Register.
- Drop in Zone takes place Wednesday, May 2. Teens in grades 6 through 12 meet 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. and adults meet 5:45 to 7:45 p.m. Activities include video games, virtual reality and snacks.
- ACRES Land Trust will give a presentation at 4 p.m. Thursday, May 3, on backyard birdwatching. Register.
- Chess Club meets from 10 a.m. to noon every Saturday.
- Cookbook Club meets at 11 a.m. Monday, May 7, to share recipes and discuss “unusual fruits.”
- Friends of the Library meets at 1 p.m. May 7.
- Local attorneys will discuss estate planning and other elder law issues at 5:30 p.m. May 7. Register.
- Make and take a flower door decoration at 1 p.m. Tuesday, May 8. Register.
- Yarn Club meets at 6 p.m. May 8. Meetings will not take place in June, July or August.
- Technology help is available during the computer clinic at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 9, and 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 30.
- Pokémon enthusiasts are invited to Pokémon Club at 4 p.m. May 9.
- Scrabble Club meets at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, May 10.
- The Lake City Piecemakers quilt club meets at 9:15 a.m. Friday, May 11.
- Bingo at the library begins at 3 p.m. May 11.
- Board Game Club meets at 10 a.m. Saturday, May 12.
- Meet local author Deb Nayrocker at 10 a.m. May 12. She will sign copies of her latest book.
- Join Sue Delagrange at 1 p.m. Monday, May 14, to learn how sodium affects heart health.
- Creative Canvas begins at 6 p.m. May 14. Register.
- Writers Club meets at 6:30 p.m. May 14, to discuss “Mother’s Day,” “Memorial Day” and “May Flowers/Nature.”
- After School Maker Club starts at 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 16.
- Come to the Center for Healthy Living at the Y for “Let’s Talk About It Tuesdays” at 2 p.m. May 22. Read any mystery book of your choice.
- The Kosciusko County Purdue Extension presents “Be Heart Smart” at 6 p.m. Wednesdays, May 23 and 30 and June 6 and 13. A $15 cost includes all four sessions. Register.
- Minecraft for grades 6 through 12 begins at 4 p.m. Tuesday, May 29.
- Rachel Kruger leads a “Pusheen”-inspired needle felting class at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 29. Register.