KOSCIUSKO — Yatish Joshi, Democatic candidate for the 2nd District of the U.S. House of Representatives, is visiting all 10 counties in Indiana’s 2nd Congressional District leading up to the primary election on May 8.
He will be visiting five locations within Kosciusko County on Monday, April 30.
Through his “Whistle Stop Tour,” he aims to learn more about the district and its priorities and have open, bipartisan discussions with the constituents he seeks to serve.
Joshi, a four-decade resident of northern Indiana, is a successful business owner and philanthropist. He employs more than 50 Hoosiers at GTA Containers in South Bend. Joshi is interested in giving hard-working men and women a raise through fair taxes and living wages; providing affordable healthcare to all Americans by supporting Medicare for all; supporting family values and vibrant communities where every member is served; and, creating a more just and inclusive country.
Monday’s visit to Kosciusko County marks the fifth stop on the Whistle Stop Tour. Joshi visited Miami, Pulaski, Marshall and Fulton counties within the past week.
Joshi will visit the following locations on Monday.
- 11 a.m. to noon — knocking on voters’ doors, Mentone
- noon to 1 p.m. — lunch at Java Jacks, 111 E. Main St., Mentone
- 2:45 to 3:45 p.m. — knocking on voters’ doors, Milford
- 4 to 5 p.m. — knocking on voters’ doors, Syracuse
- 7 to 8:30 p.m. — Meet the Candidates Forum, Middlebury Community Library, 101 Winslow St., Middlebury