In order to get ready for Easter, InkFreeNews has compiled a list of Easter egg hunts planned around Kosciusko County. This is a growing list and new activities can be emailed to [email protected]
- The Mentone Chamber of Commerce is hosting an Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 31, at Mentzer Memorial Park.
- The Milford Kiwanis Club is hosting an Easter egg hunt on March 31, at the Milford Elementary/Middle School. The bunny arrives at 10:15 a.m. and the hunt begins at 10:30 a.m. for children 10 years old and younger.
The Nappanee Community Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by the Nappanee Rotary Club will take place at 9 a.m. Saturday, March 31, at the Callander Sportsplex on Oakland Avenue.
- North Webster Lions Club will be hosting an Easter egg hunt at 9 a.m. March 31, at the North Webster baseball and softball diamonds. Any late comers will unfortunately miss the opportunity to collect any eggs. The hunting groups are from toddlers to first grade, second and third grade, then fourth and fifth grade. Cash prizes will be given out along with colored hard boiled eggs, courtesy of Creighton Brothers.
- The Syracuse Parks Department will be hosting an eggsploration geocache hunt until April 2. Participants of all ages are welcome to explore Syracuse in a geocache style egg hunt. Passports to begin the hunt can be picked up at the Syracuse Community Center.
- The Kosciusko County community annual Easter egg hunt will be held on March 31, at the Kosciusko County Fairgrounds, 1400 E. Smith St., Warsaw. The hunt will be divided up into multiple age groups with 1-2 year olds on the midway at 1 p.m., 3-5 year olds on the basketball court at 1:10 p.m., 6-9 year olds in the track area at 1:20 p.m. and 12-12 year olds in the cabin area at 1:30 p.m. Parents are encouraged to bring cameras for photo opportunities with the Easter bunny.
- Titus Funeral Home, 2000 Sheridan St., Warsaw, is hosting an Easter egg extravaganza on March 31. The event will run from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. with music, refreshments and free photos with the Easter bunny. Over 3,000 eggs will be hidden for the hunt which begins at noon.
- The Winona Lake Limitless Park Easter egg hunt will be held on Saturday, March 31. The 0-2 year olds will begin at 3 p.m. near the basketball court, the 3-5 year olds will begin at 3:30 p.m. adjacent to the greenway and 6-10 year olds will begin at 4 p.m. on the playground. There will be three prize baskets per age group.
- A special friends Easter egg hunt is being held at Winona Lake Limitless Park at 11 a.m. March 31. This hunt is open to children, youth and those young at heart with special needs.
- Crossroads Community Church will be hosting its annual Easter egg hunt at at Lakeland Christian Academy on March 31. The hunt begins at 10 a.m. with over 50,000 eggs filled with candy dropped from a helicopter. There will also be face painting, balloon animals, bounce houses and more.