In order to get ready for Easter, InkFreeNews has compiled a list of Easter egg hunts planned around Kosciusko County. This is a growing list and new activities can be emailed to [email protected]
- The Atwood Community Easter egg hunt will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 24, at 306 E. Main St. Crafts and games will follow.
The Etna Green Lions Club is hosting an Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 24 at Heritage Park.
- The Mentone Chamber of Commerce is hosting an Easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 31 at Mentzer Memorial Park.
- The Milford Kiwanis Club is hosting an Easter egg hunt on March 31 at the Milford Elementary/Middle School. The bunny arrives at 10:15 a.m. and the hunt begins at 10:30 a.m. for children 10 years old and younger.
- The North Webster Community Center will be hosting an Easter breakfast and an egg hunt at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 24. The egg hunts are separated into age groups and start at 9 a.m. Pictures with the Easter bunny, coloring, games and crafts will also be available.
- North Webster Lions Club will be hosting an Easter egg hunt at 9 a.m. March 31, at the North Webster baseball and softball diamonds. Any late comers will unfortunately miss the opportunity to collect any eggs. The hunting groups are from toddlers to first grade, second and third grade, then fourth and fifth grade. Cash prizes will be given out along with colored hard boiled eggs, courtesy of Creighton Brothers.
- The Pierceton community Easter egg hunt will be held at noon March 24 at Harvest Community Church, 512 Seventh St., Pierceton. Over 2,000 eggs will be available for children ages 1 through 15. Participants are asked to bring their own baskets.
- Fulton County REMC, 1448 W. SR 14, Rochester, is hosting an Easter egg hunt at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 24. Find the golden egg and win a cash prize. Sign in before the hunt and your child will be entered to win one of three $25 merchant certificates. Bring a camera and have your picture taken with the Easter bunny.
- The Silver Lake Lions Club is hosting an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, March 24 at the Silver Lake School grounds. The hunt will begin at 11 a.m. with five different age groups ranging from infant through sixth grade. Prizes will be awarded in each age group.
A flashlight egg hunt will be held at Lakeside Park at 9 p.m. Friday, March 23. All children in grades fifth through eighth are welcome to participate.
Lakeside Park is hosting the annual Easter egg hunt at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, March 24. This hunt is open to all children in fifth grade and younger. After the hunt, children will have the opportunity to take a photo with the Easter bunny, enjoy a free lunch and other activities at the Syracuse Community Center.
The 4th annual Dewart Lake community egg hunt at Quaker Haven Camp with Dewart Lake Community Friends Church will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 24. Over 2,000 eggs will be scattered with hunts for different ages. Crafts and games will be available for all.
- The Syracuse Parks Department will also be hosting an eggsploration geocache hunt from March 24 until April 2. Participants of all ages are welcome to explore Syracuse in a geocache style egg hunt. Passports to begin the hunt can be picked up at the Syracuse Community Center.
- The Warsaw Miller Merry Manor will be hosting an Easter egg hunt starting at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 24.
- The Warsaw Church of God, 1059 Rozella Road, will be hosting an Easter egg hunt on Saturday March 24. Registration begins at 1 p..m. with the hunt starting at 2 p.m. There will be 2,000 eggs, games, crafts and food.
- The Kosciusko County community annual Easter egg hunt will be held on March 31, at the Kosciusko County Fairgrounds, 1400 E. Smith St., Warsaw. The hunt will be divided up into multiple age groups with 1-2 year olds on the midway at 1 p.m., 3-5 year olds on the basketball court at 1:10 p.m., 6-9 year olds in the track area at 1:20 p.m. and 12-12 year olds in the cabin area at 1:30 p.m. Parents are encouraged to bring cameras for photo opportunities with the Easter bunny.
- Titus Funeral Home, 2000 Sheridan St., Warsaw, is hosting an Easter egg extravaganza on March 31. The event will run from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. with music, refreshments and free photos with the Easter bunny. Over 3,000 eggs will be hidden for the hunt which begins at noon.
- The Winona Lake Limitless Park Easter egg hunt will be held on Saturday, March 31. The 0-2 year olds will begin at 3 p.m. near the basketball court, the 3-5 year olds will begin at 3:30 p.m. adjacent to the greenway and 6-10 year olds will begin at 4 p.m. on the playground. There will be three prize baskets per age group.
- A special friends Easter egg hunt is being held at Winona Lake Limitless Park at 11 a.m. March 31. This hunt is open to children, youth and those young at heart with special needs.
- Crossroads Community Church will be hosting its annual Easter egg hunt at at Lakeland Christian Academy on March 31. The hunt begins at 10 a.m. with over 50,000 eggs filled with candy dropped from a helicopter. There will also be face painting, balloon animals, bounce houses and more.