WARSAW — With rain falling for the third day straight, the flood warning has been extended and many local roads are closed due to high water.
The National Weather Service of Northern Indiana has extended the flood warning to last until 11:45 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 22. Both the Tippecanoe and Eel rivers are rising and causing flooding throughout Kosciusko County.
Because of the widespread flooding, many roads are closed due to high water. Some of the road closures include:
- CR 550N to CR 575N
- CR 1200S, from CR 300E to CR 400E
- CR 550S, from SR 15 to Kinsey Road
- Lakeshore Drive West to Lake Shore Drive South
- East Shore Drive, from Maple Grove Lane to West Channel Road
- CR 300E, from CR 600S to CR 700S
- CR 1200S, from SR 15 to Peru Road
- CR 400N, from CR 850W to CR 950W
- CR 350N, from SR 19 to CR 950W
- CR 950W, from CR 400N to US 30
- CR 800S, from SR 19 to CR 1000W
- CR 700S, from CR 825W to CR 1000W
- CR 1200W, from SR 25 to CR 500S
- CR 1000W, from CR 700S to CR 800S
- CR 950 W, from Hepton Road to CR 1350N
- CR 350S, from SR 15 to CR 25W
- CR 1000W, from Hepton Road, to CR 1000N
- CR 200S, from Tinkey Road to CR 775W
- CR 1350N, from CR 200W to CR 300W
- CR 750N, from CR 900W to SR 19
Both INDOT and the Kosciusko County Highway Department are currently out of road closed signs. Never drive vehicles through flooded areas. The water may be too deep to allow safe passage. Never allow children to play in or near flood waters.
Sand and bags are available at the Kosciusko County Highway facility on old 30 east of Warsaw. Bring your own shovel and manpower.