WINONA LAKE – Grace College’s traveling worship team, Coram Deo, along with the Lancer Chorus and Guitar Ensemble, are hitting the road for Spring Break.
A contingent of 28 students, along with Walter Brath, assistant professor of worship arts and program director of performing arts; Scott Workman, adjunct faculty and classical guitarist; and Dr. Ardis Faber, director of the Lancer Chorus, will travel and perform from March 2–8.
The itinerary for the trips is as follows:
- March 2 — 7 p.m. free concert at Winona Lake Grace Brethren Church, 1200 Kings Highway, Winona Lake.
- March 4 — 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. morning services at Northwest Chapel, 6700 Rings Road, Dublin, Ohio.
- March 5 — 10 a.m. chapel service at Ashland Christian School, 1144 W. Main St., Ashland, Ohio.
- March 6 — 7 p.m. concert at Urban Hope Community Church, 200 E. Tioga St., Philadelphia, Pa.
- March 7 — 1 p.m. chapel service at Lititz Christian School, 501 West Lincoln Ave., Lititz, Pa.
- March 8 — 3 p.m. concert at Hempfield United Methodist Church, 3050 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, Pa.
“These tours are really a conduit to let our students exercise their gifts and grow,” Brath said. “I’m excited to share what the students have been working on with a wider audience outside of Grace.” This is the first year of Coram Deo, and only the second year for the Worship Arts Department, so the trip will also inform people about the new opportunities at Grace College.
Students view the trip as a way to encourage the communities they visit. “I hope that people see that we can worship God by using our talents for Him,” said Livviyai Haarer, Lancer chorus member. Emma Hicks, a member of Coram Deo, said, “I hope that the people that come to our events see our passion and hearts on display, and leave encouraged and inspired.”
The Grace College Worship Arts Department equips students with skills in their worship arts specialty as well as context for how audio and visual elements are incorporated in today’s churches, schools and recording studios. Students gain practical experience with professional tools and techniques in a brand-new facility on campus. For more information about the department, as well as the other 70+ undergraduate programs at Grace, visit www.grace.edu or call 800-554-7223.