NORTH WEBSTER—The North Webster Community Center will host a town hall meeting on the opioid crisis from 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 22.
This is the second meeting in a series of four.
“A Community Call To Action – Part II: Effects on the Family” will focus on how the crisis is affecting families in the area.
Featured panelists include:
- Andy Bautz – Turning Point Counseling Center
- Courtney Jenkins – parent of a recovering addict
- Lindsey Castro – Department of Child Services
- Lieutenant Detective Paul Heaton – Warsaw Police Department
- Dana Bailey and Kara Shively – Kosciusko County Juvenile Probation
- Ken Locke – Pastoral Ministries
- Shasta Ashpole – recovering addict
At the end of the event, there will be a Q&A session so that audience members can ask the panel any questions they have.
An “Action Item List” will be provided and reviewed so everyone can find a way to help.
The Warsaw Police Department will also provide prescription drug disposal bins at the event. You can safely remove unwanted prescription drugs from your home.
For more information, call A Bridge to Hope at (574) 377-9965.