Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department investigated the following accident:
- 3:43 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, North CR 300E, south of East CR 900N, Leesburg. Driver: Roger Miller, West Emeline Street, Milford. Police reported Miller was traveling north of CR 300E when a deer ran into the roadway. Police said the deer struck the front passenger side of Miller’s vehicle. The vehicle was drivable so Miller drove to the Sheriff’s Department office to report the crash. Damage up to $5,000.
Officers with the North Webster Police Department investigated the following accident:
- 1;32 a.m. Thursday, East CR 500N, East of CR 750E, North Webster. Driver: Laurie S. Aker, Aragon Drive, Fort Wayne. Aker told police she was driving eastbound on CR 500N when a deer, running south, struck her vehicle. Damage up to $2,500.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following accidents:
- 8:46 p.m. Wednesday, Walton Boulevard, Warsaw. Driver: Barbara J. Evers, River Avenue, Warsaw. Evers told police she was driving down the main lane in front of Walmart when another vehicle pulled in front of her, causing her to swerve and hit a yellow concrete pole. Damage up to $2,500.
- 4:18 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, Meijer Drive and US 30, Warsaw. Drivers:Tabitha S. Syndram, Franklin Street, Mentone and Kelly Wertenberger, Rebecca Street, Claypool. Wertenberger told police she was driving northbound on Meijer Drive and was stopped in her vehicle at the red traffic light on US 30. She said she was waiting to turn left onto US 30 when the vehicle driven by Syndram approached from the rear and collided with the rear of her vehicle. Police reported that Wertenberger got out of her vehicle to talk to Syndram, but Syndram refused to communicate and instead drove her vehicle around Wertenberger’s and attempted to flee the scene. An off-duty police officer was in line behind Syndram and asked Wertenberger what had happened. He then approached Syndram’s vehicle and identified himself, asking her to exit her vehicle. Sydram, according to police, fled the officer and the officer called for assistance with the Warsaw Police Department. Officers attempted to stop Syndram but she initially evaded law enforcement before eventually stopping her vehicle. She was arrested for leaving the scene of a traffic accident and resisting law enforcement. Damage up to $2,500.
- 3:03 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7, SR 15 and Jalynn Street, Warsaw. Drivers: Justin T. Scott, Delaware Street, Wabash and Bart S. Kammerer, Canal Street, Leesburg. Scott told police he was traveling south on SR 15 near the intersection of Jalynn Street when he made a quick decision to change lanes. The vehicle Scott was operating was struck by the vehicle driven by Kammerer. Scott was cited because police reported he was driving with a learner’s permit and was not accompanied by an authorized licensed driver. Damage up to $10,000.