Officers with the Kosciusko County Sheriff’s Department investigated the following incidents:
- 4:55 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 16, 10900 block West CR 1000S and South SR 19, Akron. Driver: Brent F. Bowser, 38, West CR 1200S, Akron reported a hit and run accident on South SR 19 Damage up to $500.
- 3:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 15, 2100 block East Wooster Road, Pierceton. Michael Earl Maggart reported harassing text messages.
Officers with the Milford Police Department investigated the following incident:
- 3:49 p.m. Monday, Jan. 15, 100 block West Section Street, Milford. Codie Sarmiento, 28, reported the vehicle he was driving was hit by an ice chunk that fell off a passing semi and went through the windshield. Damage: $700.
Officers with the Warsaw Police Department investigated the following incident:
- 3:44 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 14, 2500 block Walton Boulevard, Warsaw. Leann S. Keaton reported a cell phone was stolen.
Officers with the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department investigated the following incident:
- 8:25 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 21. Marshall County Sheriff deputies responded to a residence in the 400 block of 17B Road regarding a house fire. During the investigation the cause of the fire was found to be suspicious and the state fire marshall’s office was called. Through the investigation by both agencies, a probable cause affidavit was filed for the arrest of Caleb Geldner, 37, Tippecanoe, for arson, a level 4 felony, and criminal mischief over $50,000 damage, a level 6 felony. Geldner was incarcerated for an arrested on an unrelated charge and now faces the additional charges and a $25,000 cad bond. The Marshall County Sheriff’s Department was assisted by the State Fire Marshall’s office as well as Tippecanoe Fire Department and Bourbon EMS.