PIERCETON — Hartman & Sons Painting was started by Gerald Hartman in Pierceton in 1942. Hartman had been told by one of his friends a living could be made by painting barns and roofs.
In 1942, in the middle of World War II, he was able to acquire the materials and equipment needed to start his business, initially naming it Gerald Hartman Painting. Initially, the new company only provided services through spray painting. In late 1949, Hartman moved his family and business to Randolph Field Air Force Base where he worked for many months spray painting new apartment housing complexes.
After three dedicated years, in 1952, this specific project was then found to be completed and Hartman moved his family back to Pierceton in a location very close to the current day location of the business. In the mid ’50s, the company entered into the repairing and painting of cars, trucks, trailers and other equipment in the paint shop. Eventually, the business expanded into painting by brushes and rollers.
In the mid 1960s, Hartman made the first name change and renamed his business Gerald Hartman and Sons Inc. A sandblasting division was started and, in the 1970s, the business expanded into the services of power washing and water blasting. In 1972, the company was purchased by Gerald’s son Bill and the name was changed to current day Hartman & Sons Inc.
Hartman & Sons Inc. services a customer base that reaches throughout the entire state providing diverse top-notch services to many customers. Services including iron and aluminum foundries, public utilities, banking, food processing and manufacturing facilities, as well as residential painting and shop sandblasting/painting.
The company has successfully provided quality service since 1942 by the motivation of remembering Gerald Hartman’s initial business philosophy. He was quoted in saying, “quality craftsmanship and warranted work will bring quality customers.”
Hartman & Sons Inc. can be contacted via telephone at (574) 594-2960 or via email at [email protected]