WARSAW — Due to a property line dispute, the Kosciusko County Board of Zoning Appeals tabled a petition by Renate Runyon for three months during its regular monthly meeting Tuesday, Nov. 14, in Warsaw.
Runyon’s petition had been continued from the October meeting. The petition is asking for a variance to permit construction of a residence addition, a screened porch, 5 feet from the rear property line. The property is located on the north side of Natti Crow Road, east of Lung Lane in Turkey Creek Township.
Matt Sandy, assistant planning director for the county, noted between three different surveys there is still an unaccounted for gap and the board wants the dispute settled before making a decision. The petition will be reconsidered at the February 2018 meeting.
Other agenda items included:
• PERMA Advertising was granted a variance to allow an off-premise sign to be 58 feet tall, more than the 30 feet allowed by ordinance, and to temporarily allow two off premise signs to be within 500 feet on US 30 at the intersection with CR 200W in Plain Township.
• Bryan Moriarty was granted a variance to allow a residence to be reconstructed on Broadway Street, west of Walnut Street in Etna Green.
• Deborah Cowie was granted a variance to allow a shed to be replaced and enlarged 3 feet from both the west and north right of way on Roy Drive, south of CR 850S in Seward Township.
• William and Beverly Long were granted an exception to change and expand a non-conforming seasonal campground on CR 300N, east of CR 800W in Prairie Township.
• Steve Jungbauer was granted a variance to allow a new tract of ground to be accessed by an easement on Second Street, north of Armstrong Road in Plain Township. There can be no further subdivision of the property and the face of the deed must say the property is only for single family use.
• Sailing Rendezvous was granted a variance to allow a property to be subdivided and allow existing buildings to remain closer than the minimum setbacks to the newly created lines on Turkey Creek Road at the intersection with CR 1100N in Turkey Creek Township.
• Mary Wahl was granted a variance to permit construction of a replacement boathouse no closer to the right of way than a structure is to the south on Sunset Lane, south of Elm Grove Drive in Turkey Creek Township. A second petition asking for a variance to allow the boathouse to be constructed below the required elevation in a flood zone was tabled until the December meeting to allow input from DNR and for a detailed site plan to be presented.
• Lakeview Terrace Mobile Home Park was granted an exception to allow a carport at each unit with sheds on EMS T13 Lane, north of Armstrong Road in Tippecanoe Township. A variance was also granted to allow an accessory structure to remain as placed.
• Steven Dandurand was granted a variance to permit construction of a new residence on EMS B42D Lane in Tippecanoe Township.
• Ronald and Marilyn Dorsten were granted a variance to permit construction of a second story garage addition and reconstruct a boathouse with second story living quarters on Crowdale Drive, northwest of Crow Road in Turkey Creek Township.
• Steven Fiorio was granted a variance to permit construction of a new roof adding cubic content and a new open deck on EMS B45 Lane in Tippecanoe Township.
• Stanley Yoder was granted a variance to allow a portion of an old residence that was to be removed to remain as an accessory building on SR 19, south of CR 900N in Scott Township. It can only be used for personal storage and must not be occupied by a resident.
• Kevin Yoder was granted an exception for a home based business, a welding shop for manufacturing and repair on SR 19, south of CR 900N in Scott Township. Any outside storage must be behind a screened area.