WARSAW — During the regular monthly meeting of the Kosciusko County Board of Zoning Appeals Tuesday, Sept. 12, in Warsaw, two petitions from Etna Green Mobile Home Park were tabled until the Oct. 10 meeting.
One petition is asking for mobile homes to be replaced up to within 3 feet from an interior road, 4 feet to a platted right of way and as close to 4 feet to an adjacent home in a residential district on Main Street at the intersection with CR 300N in Etna Green. The other petition is asking for changing and altering a non-conforming mobile home park by allowing the replacement and exchange of mobile homes. Matt Sandy, assistant planning director for the county, noted the petitions were tabled to allow input from the Etna Green Town Board, scheduled to meet the evening of Sept. 12.
Other agenda items included:
• David Cruea was granted a variance to allow a shed to remain as placed on EMS B40E Lane in Tippecanoe Township.
• Greg Snavely was granted an exception to allow a residence in an existing building in a commercial district and a variance to permit three uses on one tract of ground (two residences and a business) on CR 800N at the intersection with SR 13 in Tippecanoe Township.
• Barbara Danquist was granted a variance to permit construction of a residence addition, a second story addition to an existing building, on Bayshore Drive in Turkey Creek Township.
• Will Sparkman’s petition to allow for display of vehicles outside of a fenced area was denied. Sandy noted the petition was spurred by a violation and Sparkman had previously not followed guidelines set by the BZA. He runs an auction house on Industrial Drive at the intersection with SR 15 in Wayne Township.
• Patricia Falk was granted a variance to permit construction of an open deck and to allow a residence to be raised to meet minimum elevations on Forest Glen Avenue, southeast of Stanton Road in Tippecanoe Township.
• Jerry Burns’ petition to allow a residence to remain 33 feet from the right of way on Saddlebrook Lane, north of CR 350N in Plain Township, was tabled until the October meeting to allow for input from the property owners association of the Barrington Hills subdivision.
• Thomas and Patricia Bryan were granted a variance to allow a deck to remain as constructed on EMS D18C Lane in Turkey Creek Township. As a condition for approval, they must obtain consent from an adjacent property owner.
• Danny and Gloria Tenney were granted an exception to allow a communication tower to remain on 8 Square Road in Plain Township. The tower will be lowered to 70 feet from 75 feet, thereby removing the need for a variance request.
• Elaine Laux was granted a variance to permit construction of a residence addition on EMS B48A Lane in Tippecanoe Township.
• Richard Polioan was granted a variance to permit construction of a residence addition, a split level covered deck, on CR 1000N in Turkey Creek Township.
• Garrett Howell was granted a variance to permit the construction of an 8 x 10 kiosk on Pequignot Drive at the intersection with SR 13 in Washington Township.
• Rick and Nancy Matlock were granted a variance to permit the construction of a second story addition and open deck on EMS B60 Lane in Tippecanoe Township. As a condition for approval, the second story addition must be built on an existing structure.