WARSAW — The fire that destroyed a local animal rescue has been determined to have started in the center of the building. Property owner, and director of Isaiah 11 Ministry, Linda Ozier, Claypool, stated that the fire was determined to be electrical by Atwood and Warsaw-Wayne Fire Departments.
Around 6 a.m. Sunday, May 7, Atwood Fire was dispatched to a fire at 6256 W. CR 100N, Warsaw, the location of Isaiah 11 Counseling Center and Animal Refuge. When fire teams arrived the home was already fully engulfed in flames.
Ozier bought the residence in 2011 to expand her counseling and animal rescue business, Isaiah 11 Ministry. The property had a modular home with attached garage and a barn. No one resides at the residence.
Seven dogs, three cats, a rabbit and a dove were all lost in the fire, as well as a large fish tank. A ceremony for those animals will be held tonight, May 9, as part of the center’s normal group therapy that is held on Tuesdays. The public is welcome to attend; group is held from 6-8 p.m. with the ceremony anticipated to start around 7.
Ozier has received an abundance of animal food since the fire, and is still welcoming donations. She stated that “people products” are what is most needed now so she can continue her counseling and therapy sessions with the kids. Products needed include: paper, pencils, pens, craft supplies, paper towels, paper plates, etc.