WARSAW — Warsaw Community High School announces the 2017 Fine Arts Festival from 6 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, May 11. This celebration of the visual and performing arts in Warsaw will be held in The Performing Arts Center at Warsaw Community High School.
The 38th annual Tri Kappa Art Exhibit in the Black Box Theater will also be open to the public The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa has provided financial support for this event for 38 years. Students will display visual art works created during this school year and senior studio artists will showcase their work from the past four years. Three local artists jury the show and monetary awards will be given to winners in 12 categories as well as a Best of Show and Runner-up Best of show.
Activities for the evening include:
- WCHS Dance classes performing several exciting numbers
- Student produced Video Showcase on the big screen in the auditorium
- WCHS Jazz Band
- WCS Strings ensemble
- Tri Kappa Juried Art Exhibit-sponsored by The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa
- Potter’s wheel, stone carving and painting demonstrations
- Individual musical performances on the small stage in the lobby
- Cultural art and craft displays from the World Languages Department
- Sarah Steel Exhibit in the gallery on the curve
- Culinary Arts students will serve their inventive appetizers and desserts
The public is invited. Please join the WCHS performing and visual arts teachers and their talented students for this evening of fun and celebration of the arts. All events are free and open to the public.