PIERCETON — Donations to the Animal Welfare League of Kosciusko are about to go even further toward the goal of creating a new “sanctuary” for the animals and people of Kosciusko County. An anonymous donor has recently given the AWL a $100,000 matching “grant challenge.”
“This has all come about because of the generosity of an anonymous couple who not only love animals, but love the vision and concepts that are to be included in this new premiere animal shelter,” states the press release.
The new facility will house twice as many animals and is also planned to include a multipurpose room for area residents to utilize.
The donor decided to help the shelter reach the big goal of completing their new building, a project that has been ongoing since before 2014. To see building plans visit the AWL’s website.
The donor has challenged the community with a $100,000 matching donation. For every dollar donated during this grant offering, a matching dollar will be contributed by the donor.
“We want to see this organization get this structure completed. I hope this helps,” the donor commented in the release, adding, “This community needs to get behind this effort. It is greatly needed and will benefit practically everyone in the community when done.”
Executive Director Darla McCammon was inspired by the idea of completing the fund-raising with a big final push. “We appreciate all donations to this date and there have been some very generous gifts that will be recognized when we have our grand opening; meantime, this donor has made us all excited about breaking ground and finally getting to the point where we will be able to actually see progress begin on the wonderful new structure,” she said.
If you wish to help with the final push and have your money achieve double impact, please send your donation via any of the following ways:
- Mail to P.O. Box 1906, Warsaw, IN 46581
- Drop off your check, cash, or credit card donation in person at 3489 E. CR 100S, Pierceton. Located just behind Tractor Supply and the Honda Dealer on East US 30.
- Make a donation through the web site for the Animal Welfare League at www.awlwarsaw.com
- Contact Darla McCammon or Toni Walker at (574) 267-3008 if you would like to make a donation through stocks or the shelter Investment account.
- Call your credit card donation in to the shelter front desk at (574) 267-3008.