WARSAW — Daniel and Linda Stuckman’s petition for an exception was tabled for another month by the Kosciusko County Board of Zoning Appeals during its regular monthly meeting Tuesday, Dec. 13, in Warsaw.
The Stuckmans want to expand and improve their business, Stuckman Sanitation & Recycling by adding other facilities. It is located on Koher Road at Promontory Point in Turkey Creek Township. The property is zoned residential and the business is considered a non-conforming use so any changes to the property require a hearing before the BZA.
Matt Sandy, assistant planning director for the county, noted the board wants to see more specific details regarding what kind of screening will be used on the site. He noted the Stuckmans had presented a revised site plan which included eliminating a request for a new entrance, but there was remonstrance against the petition and more details are needed regarding the screening to be used.
Other agenda items included:
• Javier Gonzales was a no show and his petition asking for a variance to allow a tract to be split on CR 100E, north of CR 1300N in Van Buren Township, was denied. A new property line would have been created that would be 3 feet from an existing barn. His petition had been continued multiple times too.
• Kerry Hughes’ petition for a variance to allow a garage to be converted into a residence, creating two residences on the same tract of ground on Catholic Street in Pierceton was denied. The town of Pierceton was not in favor of the petition and Hughes was a no show at the BZA meeting.
• Dan and Tiffany Signore were given approval for an exception and a variance for an addition to the Barbee Hotel on Barbee Road at the intersection with EMS B70 Lane in Tippecanoe Township. They presented a revised site plan moving their addition back to 23 feet from the right of way with the exception of an enclosed emergency stairwell, which will be 12 feet from the right of way.
• Mark Zipfel was granted a variance to permit construction of a new boathouse on Grandview Boulevard, south of Morrison Island Road in Turkey Creek Township.
• Tammy Curtis was granted a variance to allow a pond to remain as placed on CR 200W near a railroad line in Lake Township.
• Fred and Janet Krull were granted a variance to allow a tract of ground to be accessed by 25 feet of right of way instead of the required 50 feet. The property is on the north side of EMS B46 Lane, east of EMS B45 Lane in Tippecanoe Township.
• Gordon and Anna Allen were granted a variance to permit allowing an existing residence accessory, a detached garage, to be 3 feet from a new east side property line on Sullivan Road, southeast of EMS B45 Lane in Tippecanoe Township.