KOSCIUSKO — July figures from WorkOne indicate Kosciusko County hit another high with 40,776 individuals employed in the county in July of this year (latest data available).
- An increase of over 2,000 more jobs in the county since the previous high in 2007.
- An increase of over 6,000 more jobs since KEDCo was formed in 2010 (a low point for the County).
- A vigorous job creation effort results in increases in population.
- The county’s population has risen by 1,300 people in the five years from 2010 to 2015.
- Kosciusko is one of 27 counties of the 92 in Indiana to show a population increase during these five years.
Not only has the county made significant progress in economic growth, the projections done for the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership by the IPFW Community Research Institute indicate what the county could look like in 2030 with a continued strong economic development effort.