ELKHART — The 2016 Four County Forestry Field Day will be held 9 a.m. until noon, Saturday, Sept. 17 at the forested property of Jim and Peggy Garber in Elkhart County. The field day will be held in the northwest corner of CR 20 and CR 33, Southwest of Middlebury; look for signs. This event is cooperatively sponsored by the Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCDs) of Elkhart, Kosciusko, Marshall, and St. Joseph counties.
Come join local experts for discussions and observations on general forestry topics.
- Property History– Jim and Peggy Garber, Property Owners
- Timber Stand Management– Tom Crowe, Crowe Forest Management, LLC
- Timber Harvest and Sales– Nick Brown, Shipshewana Hardwood
- Classified Forests– Tim Eizinger, IDNR District Forester
- Alternative Income– Jeff Burbrink, Ag/Natural Resources Educator, Purdue Extension Elkhart County. This is a walking event.
Registration is not required, but would assist us with site preparation. To register, or for additional information about this field day, contact your local SWCD: Elkhart County at (574) 533-4383, ext. 3; Kosciusko County at (574) 267-7445, ext. 3; Marshall County at (574) 936-2024, ext. 3; or St. Joseph County at (574) 936-2024, ext. 4.