(Video by Mike Deak)
UPDATE: Milford Fire Chief Todd Haines reports the call was just before 1 a.m. today, when the homeowners heard popping sounds and discovered the KIA parked in front of the garage was on fire.
The vehicle was parked next to a Ford Edge, which sustained damage to the front passenger side. The front of the garage sustained heat damage.
Haines stated the fire started under the hood of the KIA and is believed to be accidental.
MILFORD — A KIA SUV caught fire early this morning, Monday, Aug. 15, at the home of Christopher Panelli, 210 Jeremy Drive, Milford. The vehicle was destroyed and caused damage to siding on the exterior of the garage.
Milford Fire Department responded around 1:10 a.m.