PIERCETON — The town of Pierceton is celebrating their 150th birthday and this year’s theme for Pierceton Days Festival was “Happy Birthday, Pierceton.” The grand marshal was Tony “Roach” Young.
Saturday, Aug. 6, Pierceton celebrated their birthday with a parade during Pierceton Days. The crowds lined the streets to watch the floats and the children were eager to scoop up the candy that was thrown.
Jack Harter has lived in Pierceton for 66 years and said, “It doesn’t seem possible. Really time flies,” when discussing Pierceton’s 150th year. His wife Linda has lived in Pierceton for 45 years and says she’s been, “Excited to see all the changes the town has made.” She talked of a cafe on Market Street that used to be a drug store. Both Harters believe Pierceton is growing every day and they’ll continue watching it blossom.
The parade float winners were announced, but most were not present to receive their trophies or ribbons. The list of winners, by category, were:
- Marching Band: Wawasee High School.
- Service Club: Indiana Racing Lions.
- Clown: “Tiny” the clown.
- Family: The Collier family.
- Horse: Northeast Indiana Renaissance Riders.
- Cycle Units: Rough Riders.
- Commercial: Sunco Motorsports.
- Church: Bethel Baptist.
- Youth Service: Pierceton Elementary School.
- Novelty Vehicle: Frank Earl.
- Parade Theme: Delacruz family.
- Kiddie Float: Hughes family.
- Miscellaneous: Almas Fe Al Kham.