INDIANA — The Indiana Department of Environmental Management has declared tomorrow, Wednesday Aug. 3, is an Air Quality Action Day for St. Joseph and Elkhart Counties.
This means meteorologists have forecasted weather conditions will be conducive to high levels of ozone pollution. These actions will help lower emissions that contribute to the formation of ozone:
- Bike, walk, carpool or take the bus.
- Perform regular vehicle maintenance.
- Conserve fuel by combining trips.
- Refuel your car in the evening.
- Reduce engine idling time.
For more information, contact the Michiana Area Council of Government at (574) 287-1829 or (574) 674-8894.