HAMILTON COUNTY — The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office is offering free car seat installation and inspection Thursday, July 22.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said every 34 seconds in the United States, a child under the age of 13 is involved in a crash. A study by NHTSA showed 72 percent of car seats are not used correctly.
The clinic will be at the 4-H Fair.
It’s free for the community but an appointment is recommended because it’s a first come, first serve basis.
The clinic will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in front of the law enforcement tent.
According to a release, the technicians will educate parents on the following:
- Selection- is the car seat right for the child’s height, weight, and development? Does it fit in the car? Is it easy to use correctly each and every time it is installed?
- Direction- should the child be forward or rear facing?
- Location- is the seat in the correct location in the car?
- Installation- is the seat secured correctly?
- Harnessing- is the child strapped in the seat securely?
To make an appointment call 317-773-1872.
Please have the following information ready for the phone call:
- The make, model, and year of the primary car
- The make, model, and year of the car seat
- Is the car seat new or used?
- For full details, view this message on the web
Source: WISH TV