WINONA LAKE — The Winona Lake Town Council met last night, Tuesday, June 21, to discuss streets, reconstruction and resolutions/ordinances.
A resolution in support of the city of Warsaw Stellar designation was presented at last night’s council meeting. The resolution states the town of Winona Lake will support the City of Warsaw in its plans of: revitalization of the East Market Street neighborhood area, preservation of historic resources, creation of affordable housing, promotion of economic development activities, street expansions to make travel flow smoother and safer and enhancements to the Warsaw Parks. If Warsaw becomes a Stellar designee the town of Winona Lake will will support these proposed projects with matching funds up to $335,830 from the Tax Increment Financing Fund. This resolution was approved.
- June 25, 8 a.m. – Warsaw Breakfast Optimist Triathlon in the park.
- July 2, 9 a.m. – My Team Triumph 5k in the park.
- July 2, 5 p.m. – Winona Lake Great Fourth of July Celebration in the park.
- July 2, 8 p.m. Patriotic Pops concert in the Village.
- July 2, 10 p.m. – Fireworks over Winona Lake.
- July 3, 8:30 p.m. – Boat parade; Dockside Dixieland Band.
- July 9, 7 p.m. – River Raisin Ragtime Revue at Winona Heritage Room.
- July 16, 7 a.m. – Build a Home Run 5k at the park.
In other business:
- Three Rivers Barricade Equipment Company Inc’s bid for the striping of streets and roads (Chestnut to Park will be double striped) was accepted at $13,602.05.
- The bid for the Wildwood Lane reconstruction was accepted at $51,501.50.
- The street department will be getting a new Bobcat Toolcat from Warsaw Bobcat for the amount of $45,877.53.
- The Winona Lake Fire Department will be getting new extricating tools for $19,060. The fire department might be donating their old extricating tools to another fire department, but if not, the old tools can be traded in for $2,500 against the new tools.
- The council will discuss whether to change Court Street from one-way and “no outlet” signs be placed at the intersection of West Canal Street and 12th Street and at Court Street and 12th Street.