By LEAH KELLY SCHROCK
Health Education, REAL Services, Inc.
ELKHART COUNTY — REAL Services, Inc. and Alzheimer’s Services & Dementia Services of Northern Indiana, a division of Real Services are sponsoring a free education series for caregivers of older adults. Lunch & Learn: Education Programs for Caregivers of Older Adults allows busy caregivers to learn about many caregiving topics and network with fellow caregivers.
Monthly sessions are held on the first Friday of each month, from noon to 1:30 pm. The topics in this series are:
- June 3, “When Home is No Longer an Option.”
- July 1, Memory Loss: “What’s Normal, What’s Not and How to Tell the Difference.”
- August 5, “Alive Inside”, showing the award-winning documentary about the therapeutic power of music for people with dementia.
- September 2, “Creating Meaningful Moments for Persons with Dementia.”
- October 7, “Understanding Medicare Part D.”
- November 4, “How Can the Caregiver’s Voice be Heard in Indianapolis?”
- December 2, “Keeping Holidays Bright in the Midst of Caregiving.”
All sessions will be held in the Action Den on the Assisted Living side of Greenleaf Health Campus, 1201 E. Beardsley Avenue in Elkhart. For reservations, please call REAL Services at (574) 284-7132 or toll free 1-800-552-7928 extension 7132. A complimentary lunch will be provided by Greenleaf Health Campus to all informal caregivers who call for a reservation at least three days in advance.