WARSAW — Road closing requests, agreements, project pay applications and contracts were part of today’s, Friday, May 6, Warsaw Board of Public Works bi-monthly meeting.
Heather James, events coordinator for the Center for Lakes & Streams received the approval to close Canal Street to traffic from 7 a.m. Saturday, June 11, through 5 p.m. Sunday, June 12. As in the past, the street will be used for vendors and festival partners at the Northern Indiana Lakes Festival.
Additionally, the board approved the closing of Lincoln Street, between Main and Clark streets and one block of Fort Wayne Street, to be closed from 9 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. May 27 for the annual Lincoln Elementary School Field Day. Scott Sterk, teacher, stated due to the construction and lack of green space the area is needed. Plans are in place to contact homeowners and for drop off and pick up of students.
Approvals were given for payment of services on the Buffalo Street Redevelopment Project, Husky Trail and Market Street. Payments were approved to:
- American Structurepoint Inc., Indianapolis, $413,911 for engineering services on the Buffalo Street project.
- A&Z Engineering LLC, Fort Wayne, $2,425 for right-of-way acquisition services in the Husky Trail Project.
- To Patricia A.and Ernie E. Morrison, Henry G. and Susan Anne Black, totaling $28,475, for right-of-way acquisitions in the Husky Trail Project. Roughly seven parcels still need to be acquired.
- A & Z Engineering LLC $7,267.60 for engineering services in the Husky Trail Project, including the round-a-bout.
- VS Engineering Inc. Indianapolis, of $14,711.68 for design services on East Market Street, phase 2.
An agreement was officially signed with Lassus Brothers Oil for a service agreement to purchase 75,000 gallons of unleaded/diesel in 2018 at a contract price of $1.82 per gallon. The diesel fuel will be purchased as needed at pump price. It was noted the contracted price in 2016 is $2.10 per gallon and $1.96 in 2017.
During other business BOW members:
- Approved a maintenance agreement with Cummins Crosspoint LLC Indianapolis, of $1,076.14, for maintenance on generators at Warsaw Fire Department Station One and Station Two.
- Approved to pay NIPSCO $16,537.43 to run gas lines from the cemetery back gate on Author Street to the campground, fireman’s building, parks shop and cemetery shop, eliminating use of propane tanks.
- Signed a contract with Charles Frisinger in the amount of $150 to lead and supervise a 15-week walking program 12:10-12:50 p.m. Wednesdays, June 1-Aug. 31.
- Approved a contract with Abigail Apeland in the amount of $300 to provide waterfront training to four lifeguards.
- Contract with Lawson-Fisher Associates P.C., for engineering design services in the amount of $36,257 for the Osborn Stormwater Pumping Station improvements.
- Officially sign a contract with Beer and Slabaugh Inc., Nappanee for the Lake-Winona sanitary sewer relocation project. The bid was awarded at the April meeting in the amount of $108,145.
- Approved a contract with Boyce Systems/Keystone, Daleville, for payroll software and yearly maintenance and disaster recovery costs, totaling $11,875. All employees will now receive direct deposit of pay.
- Took under advisement a request by Mike Saner, Fort Wayne, for a reduction in the out of county vendor permit cost to provide a concession stand for Lincoln School construction workers and others.
- Approved an amended Warsaw Community Development Commission Facade & Alleyway Improvement Agreement, allowing for two different grant requests.
The next meeting will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday, May 20.