WARSAW — Warsaw Community High School announces the 2016 Fine Arts Festival from 6-9 p.m. Thursday, May 12. This amazing celebration of the visual and performing arts in Warsaw will be held in The Performing Arts Center at Warsaw Community High School.
The annual Tri Kappa Art Exhibit in the Black Box Theater will be open to the public from 6-9 p.m.. The Associate Chapter of Tri Kappa has provided financial support for this event. Students will display visual art works created during this school year and senior studio artists will showcase their work from the past four years. Three local artists and art instructors jury the show and monetary awards will be given to winners in 12 categories as well as a Best of Show and Runner-Up Best of Show.
Schedule Of Events:
- Student produced music videos on the big screen in auditorium from 6-25 p.m.
- WCS String Ensemble will perform on the stage in the auditorium from 6:30-6:55 p.m.
- WCHS Dance Students will perform on the stage in the auditorium from 7-7:30 p.m.
- WCHS Jazz Band will perform on the stage in the auditorium from 7:45-8:15 p.m.
- Tri-Kappa Art Exhibit is open to the public in the Black Box Theater from 6-9 p.m.
- Various live solo/small group musical performances on the small stage in the rotunda from 6-9 p.m.
- Appetizers and refreshments prepared and served by WACC culinary arts students 6-8 p.m. This culinary event is generously sponsored by Martin’s Supermarkets.
- World language students displaying mosaics, paintings and other cultural and visual projects on four tables, including Latin, Spanish, French and Chinese projects.
- Textile classes display of quilts/other projects on one table.
- English classes display of creative writing projects on two tables.
- Potter’s wheel/painting/stone carving demonstrations from 6-8 p.m.