SILVER LAKE — The Silver Lake Volunteer Fire Department is seeking team and hole sponsors for its third annual golf outing, set to begin at 8 a.m. Sunday, June 26.
Sponsorships are as follows:
- One hole with one team, $250
- Two holes or more with one team, $50 increase per hole
- Two holes or more with a team for each hole sponsored, $225 increase per hole
- One hole and no team, $100
- Two holes or more, no team, $50 increase per hole
Challenge sponsorships are as follows. The sponsor’s name will be placed on a sign at each hole where the challenge is issued. If more than one person or entity wishes to sponsor a challenge, the prize will be doubled unless otherwise requested.
- Longest drive, $75 ($50 to the winner and $25 to the department
- Closest to the pin, $75 ($50 to the winner and $25 to the department)
- Longest putt, $75 ($50 to the winner and $25 to the department
- Hole-in-one: This prize will be a high-dollar item only given if there is a hole-in-one
A gold sponsorship is $500. This year’s gold sponsor’s name will appear on all of the golf carts used for the event.
The event includes a shotgun start and team scramble and the fee to participate is $50 per player or $200 per team of four. Anybody is invited to play. According to Assistant Fire Chief John Conley, those wishing to participate but who are not part of a team can still come and organizers will do their best to assign the person to a team.
This year, the fire department hopes to raise $2,500 for a new radio repeater, Conley said. Sponsorship checks may be made out to the Silver Lake Volunteer Fire Department with “golf outing” in the memo line.