By SAMANTHA WATSON
Ignition Music Garage Marketing Contact
GOSHEN — “It will be hard to top last year,” said Steve Martin, founder of Ignition Music Garage. “I felt like we fulfilled the vision of the organization’s founders.”
Record Store Day is a day, “… for the people who make up the world of the record store, the staff, the customers, and the artists, to come together and celebrate the unique culture of a record store and the special role these independently owned stores play in their communities. Special vinyl and CD releases and various promotional products are made exclusively for the day and hundreds of artists in the United States and in various countries across the globe make special appearances and performances …” according to the Record Store Day website.
Record Store Day Weekend will kick off with a concert Friday, April 15, featuring Will Hoge with special guest Elise Davis. On Saturday, April 16, Record Store Day at Ignition Music Garage will feature RSD exclusive titles, door prizes, Nelson’s Wings and Rib Tips, Goshen Brewing Company beer, and live music featuring Secret Mezzanine, Mister Three Hearts, and “*repeat repeat.”
“Last year,” said Martin, “over 500 people gathered downtown to celebrate Record Store Day with us. We have over 400 RSD titles ordered as well as special record label deals we’ve been adding since March. All of our savings are being passed along to Ignition customers, making more records available for less than $20.”
Some of these labels include Third Man, New West, Secretly Canadian, Fat Possum, ATO, Dualtone, Thirty Tigers, and Sub Pop. “You’re going to see some great prices compared to the recent major label increases,” added Martin.
Ignition Music Garage presents Will Hoge with special guest Elise Davis. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 15, as part of the ongoing Ignition Concert Series. Tickets are $20.
The Record Store Day schedule, April 16
- At 9:45 a.m. Ignition Music Garage Members are admitted first. Memberships must be purchased/renewed before April 16, to be valid.
- At 10 a.m. the doors open. Five customers will be admitted at a time.
- At 10 a.m. through 1 p.m. A radio station will remote broadcast from in the store, featuring RSD exclusive vinyl.
- At 11 a.m. through 3 p.m. Nelson’s Wings and Rib Tips, salad and potato wedges will be available.
- At 1 p.m. the first door prize drawing takes place and the Secret Mezzanine performance starts.
- At 2 p.m. the second door prize drawing takes place and Mister Three Hearts performance starts.
- At 3 p.m. the third door prize drawing takes place and “*repeat repeat” performance starts.
All Record Store Day performances are free.
The Ignition Concert Series began in 2012 when Steve Martin founded Ignition Music Garage, a music venue that doubles as a record store and broadcasting location for 91.1 FM The Globe.