INDIANAPOLIS — Earlier today, the Indiana General Assembly convened at the Statehouse for the ceremonial start of the 2016 legislative session. “Organization Day,” as it is commonly called, provides legislators an opportunity to meet with fellow lawmakers and staff and to begin discussing legislative topics.
The 2016 session will reconvene in January and, by law, must end no later than March 14. Lawmakers will work together to address several key issues, including:
- Supporting Indiana students, teachers and schools
- Funding infrastructure and road needs
- Keeping our economy on track through pro-growth fiscal policies
To stay informed as the legislature considers new laws, click here to stream committee hearings and session meetings and view event calendars, agendas, vote tallies and proposed legislation.
Constituents can contact senators with questions, concerns and comments by phone at (800) 382-9467 or via email as follows:
- Senator Carlin Yoder, District 12: [email protected]
- Senator Jim Banks, District 17: [email protected]
- Senator Ryan Mishler, District 19: [email protected]