Position Title: Residential Youth Treatment Specialist
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Reports To: Program Coordinator
General Statement of Responsibility:
To provide direct care to the residents in a manner consistent with their individual treatment plans, and Lifeline’s guidelines, practices, and policies.
- Work as a team with Lifeline staff to ensure Lifeline is able to follow the continuum of care for each resident.
- Serve as a mentor to each youth.
- Receive in-service orientation and training in child care methods.
- Maintain order, intervene in crisis situations, and administer proper and fair and constructive discipline consistent with Lifeline’s policies.
- Maintain an understanding of each resident’s treatment plan.
- Be aware of and carry out Lifeline’s guidelines and practices as defined in Lifeline’s procedure manual.
- Model and teach the balanced life concept in all interaction with residents.
- Be a positive role model to the residents by demonstrating high moral and ethical standards.
- Be active in discipleship interaction with residents and staff.
- Promptly complete Lifeline’s incident reports when situations warrant reporting and ensure that they are forwarded to the Residential Program Coordinator.
- Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings.
Examples of Tasks:
- Assist in maintaining records on the residents (points, levels, and medications).
- Assist in supervising the chores and work hours.
- Assist with transporting residents to various appointments and activities.
- Dispense medications as authorized and prescribed.
- Supervise meals.
Tour facilities daily to identify any new damage or unclean areas and report the information to the Program Coordinator.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem solving skills
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Lifeline Youth & Family Services, Inc. has several full-time and part-time openings for Youth Treatment Specialists. This position is located in Pierceton, Indiana. If you would enjoy being a positive mentor to our at-risk youth, please visit www.lifelineyouth.org under the “Careers” tab, and apply to the desired position.