KOSCIUSKO COUNTY — A number of celebrations are being planned for Wednesday, Nov. 11, to honor the county’s veterans. If any one knows of additional programs information can be emailed to [email protected]
Here are the programs known at this time:
- 1:30 p.m. Tippecanoe Valley Middle School Student Council is hosting a celebration in the school’s gymnasium. Jean Hoover, United States Marine Corps veteran is the guest speaker, with musical selections by band and choir students, a flag folding ceremony and photo montage. Light refreshments will be served for veterans following the ceremony.
- 9 a.m. Milford School Veterans Day program for students, parents, veterans and community.
- North Webster American Legion Post 253 will be holding memorial services at several cemeteries in and around North Webster: 8:30 a.m. Oswego Cemetery; 9 a.m. Oak Grove Cemetery; 9:30 a.m. Salem Cemetery; 10 a.m. Mock Cemetery; 10:30 a.m. American Legion; and 11 a.m. North Webster Cemetery. A free meal for all veterans beginning at 11:30 a.m. Entertainment by Russ Chandler will be from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- 9:30 a.m. North Webster School Veterans Day program for students, parents, veterans and community.
- 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Warsaw Middle School Music Department’s Veterans Day Concert Lakeview Middle School gymnasium, concerts featuring Warsaw Middle School bands, choirs and orchestras.
- Goodwill Career Center is showing its appreciation to veterans with cookies and coffee between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m. Center Lake Pavilion, Warsaw, music by Warsaw High School Coir; Russ Bauer, guest speaker; and presentation of “Order of Kosciuszko” award. Hosted by Warsaw American Legion Post 49.
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Lake City Place celebration honoring “local hero’s.”
- 8:40 a.m. Wawasee High School Veterans Day program for students, parents, veterans and community.
- 10 a.m. Syracuse Elementary School program for students, parents, veterans and community.
- 11 a.m. Syracuse American Legion Post 223 will host a free meal for all veterans until all food is gone.
- Noon, Syracuse Veterans of Foreign Warsaw Post 1342 will host a free meal for all veterans from noon until all food is gone.
- 2 p.m. Wawasee Middle School Veterans Day program for students, parents, veterans and community.
In celebration of Veterans Day, the city of Elkhart and the Lerner Theatre, 410 S. Main St., Elkhart, will offer a free showing of the Oscar-nominated film, “Flags of Our Fathers.” Doors will open one hour before the 2 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 11 show. More information is available at TheLerner.com or by calling (574) 293-4469.
If any one knows of additional programs information can be emailed to [email protected]