WARSAW — A seven-day, 12-member jury trial, starting at 8 a.m. April 28, and continuing through May 6, has been put on the court calendar for Brandon Woody and Kyle DeHart on two counts of murder each. The trial will be held, at this time, in Kosciusko County Circuit Court.
Attorneys for both individuals appeared in a pre-trial conference Monday afternoon, Sept. 21, at which time the trial dates were set.
Woody’s motion for a change of venue has been scheduled for 9 a.m. Nov. 11. According to the criminal case summary the court notes the date is a legal holiday, Veteran’s Day, but the hearing will be held as scheduled.
Defense attorneys will have until March 3 for any final trial motions, including motions and proposed instructions. The final pre-trial conference is scheduled for 3 p.m. March 10.
Woody and DeHart were charged in February and March, respectively, for the Feb. 19 murder of Tara Thornburg, 23, and Joshua Knisley, 19, at a home located at 203 E. Main St., Syracuse. Both have been incarcerated in the county jail since their arrests.
Additionally, charges in other cases against Woody and DeHart have been put on hold. It is speculated action on other cases will not take place until the murder charges are resolved.
Also charged in connection with the murder are Joan DeHart, Ashlyn Nicole Shepard and Thomas Glen Hursey. Hursey remains in the Kosciusko County Jail on no bond. Pre-trial conferences have taken place, with additional pre-trial conferences being set.
- Wheels of Justice Slow, But Moving
- Murder Trial Postponed, No Date Set
- Woody Set For Five-Day Trial In August
- Alibi Defense Filed In Murder Case
- Woody Requests Change of Venue
- Woody Has Bond Revoked On 2009 Case
- Woody Requests Bond Reduction
- Woody Has Initial Hearing This Morning
- Why Woody Was Out On The Street
- Kyle DeHart Now Charged In Syracuse Murders
- New Information Released On Syracuse Shooting
- Syracuse Shooting Victim Remembered As Big Hearted
- Neighbor Remarks On Syracuse Shooting
- Syracuse Shooting Suspect Now In Custody
- One Dead, One Critical Following Shooting In Syracuse
- Double Shooting In Syracuse