WARSAW — Warsaw Fire Department, Winona Lake Fire Department, Multi-Township EMS and Warsaw Police Department responded to a fire around 4:10 p.m. today, Sunday, Sept. 20, at 405 Wexford Place, Warsaw.
The fire was caused accidentally by a malfunctioning stove, but was quickly put out once officials arrived.
Neighbors reportedly saw smoke coming out the windows from across the street, and notified officials at once. The occupants of the house, Blayne and Christy Woodcock, were out of town.
As soon as officials arrived, the occupants’ two dogs were rescued from the house, and are now safe. No injuries were reported on the scene.
Damages from the fire are reported to be up to $14,000.