NOBLESVILLE — The annual White River Festival, a 17-day celebration of the White River, its tributaries and the surrounding watershed, will highlight the theme of “create” Sept. 11-27 at venues and locations throughout central Indiana.
As part of the festival, the Noblesville White River Celebration, sponsored by the City of Noblesville, Nickel Plate Arts, Noblesville Main Street and Sustain Noblesville, will feature multiple events for the whole family.
The event will be held Saturday, September 12 at various locations throughout Noblesville:
- 21st Annual White River Cleanup, Carmel and Fishers from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Moose Lodge. Pre-registration is highly recommended for the general public. Large groups and Scouts are required to pre-register.
- Write, Collaborate, and Create on the White River from 12-1:30 p.m. at Logan Street Bridge. Be inspired by local writers, then create your own writing and collaborations by the White River as part of the Noblesville White River Celebration. This event will repeat at three other river sites September 13, 17 and 26.
- Fun on the River from 12–4 p.m. at Logan Street Bridge. Bring the entire family to enjoy the White River through fishing, canoeing and more.
- Water Science Education Fair on the Bridge from 12-6 p.m. at Logan Street Bridge. Water is necessary for all life and an amazing resource for all of us. Come learn not only about all the bugs and fish in White River, but also about all the other amazing things water can do.
- Noblesville Main Street — Annual Duck Race, race starts at 5 p.m. at Logan Street Bridge. Ducks are $5 each. Buy a chance to be a big winner at the annual running of the rubber duckies. Other prizes are available for winning ducks. Watch from the Logan Street Bridge and enjoy live music, food and drinks leading up to the event.
For more information on the White River Festival, check out their website.